Quality Assurance Wikidata/en
Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. is a non-profit association that aims at advancing free knowledge. We support projects creating and spreading free content. One of the most important projects is Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia. Wikimedia Germany has a fast growing office with 42 members of staff in Berlin. As from July 1st and until the end of the project in March 2013, we are looking for support in
Quality Assurance for the Wikidata project.
The aim of Wikidata is to create a free knowledge database about the world that can be read and edited both by people and machines. Wikidata will provide data in all languages of the Wikimedia projects. It will allow centralized access to these data, similar to what Wikimedia Commons does for multimedia files.
Role and main responsibilities:
- unit and integration tests for Wikidata
- organization of usability tests
- organization and accomplishment of the code review process
- scalability tests
- penetration and security tests on both development and demo machines
- continuous feedback and documentation as to the quality of the implementations
Essential skills and experience:
- a wide experience of unit and integration testing (esp. PHPunit, Qunit, and Selenium
- experience in continuous integration testing
- we are looking for someone who loves to break things, and enjoys being right and showing others that they are not
- fluent in English
Desirable skills and experience:
- MediaWiki Software und Extensions
- Gerrit, Jenkins, or comparable tools
- SVN and Git
What we offer:
- the possibility of actively contributing to one of the largest free knowledge projects world-wide
- a creative scope
- a modern office in the center of Berlin
- flexible working hours
- work in a highly motivated team
Our source code is (and will stay) publicly accessible. Learn more about the current state of development online.
If the idea of free knowledge inspires you and if your qualification allows for it, we are looking forward to meeting you. Please submit your application including supporting documentation (CV, certificates, details of your salary expectations and starting date) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wikimedia Deutschland (Wikimedia Germany) commits itself to the principles of equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, nationality, religion, political or other opinion, sex, age, disability or sexual identity or orientation.
German version: Quality Assurance Wikidata (m/w)